Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mana up!

Thanks to procrastinating, I stumbled upon the blog of a fellow tiki lover and found out about these amazing drinks offered at Think Geek (one of my all time favourite stores).

I am soooo ordering these! (they'll probably taste like sickeningly sweet windshield washing fluid, but hey, I'm buying them for the look!)

They look very much like the mana potions favoured by my World of Warcraft paladin and shaman characters (Alliance and Horde, respectively - hey, I tried the "dark side" because my only "real life"friend on WoW had a toon on that side... honest, I'm a Good Guy at heart! LOL) and that my undead alchemist mage creates too (undead are fun: they can cannibalize the corpses of enemies to restore their own energy! Perfect for a zombie fan like me! hee hee!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look fun! Let me know if they taste as you described. :D

Funny thing, the drink reminds you of WoW. For me it brings to mind a different game. A long while back I regularly played Magic: The Gathering, a card game similar to Pokemon but with much more strategy and challenges. Mana is the life bringing energy that allows you to play spells, characters, enchantments, and such. Those little blue bottles look like Water Mana. Oh, and if you've never tried M:TG, it's a lot of fun and slightly addicting.

Richard said...

hhhmmmm, my mind goes back a bit further to the original D&D greyhawk books, but heck I'm old (and very geeky, so I won't even go to the biblical reference).

La fille said...

Hee hee, I know Greyhawk, we did a one day campaign based on that after the apple-picking, the other day. :)

La fille said...

(my boyfriend has been an awesome dungeon master for over 20 years... and yes, I _am_ talking about Dungeons and Dragons, for those twisted minded readers out there... LOL)