Friday, September 5, 2008

Or then again...

Looks like my boyfriend might be out of a job at the end of the month.

Long story short, nepotism at work, he got replaced by some boss's nephew or something, and is now pretty much redundant (even though said nephew knows nothing of the business and has already cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars in big mistakes). My BF has a new job title, but they'll probably get rid of him (one salary less to pay) by the end of this month, from what he's been told (he just told me, though it's been brewing since "nephew" got hired).

My plans to slow down have suddenly gone down the drain.

On the plus side, if he is let go, he won't be stressed about his job anymore. :p

Pfft. One day at a time, right?

Focus for tonight: lots of freelance.
Focus for tomorrow morning: cleaning, shopping & setting up for BBQ.
Focus for tomorrow after the BBQ: more freelance
Focus for tomorrow evening: quick appearance at a friend's boring b-day party (not all parties are boring, but hers really take the cake in the yawn department), before working the night away. Ditto for Sunday, then the regular "work week" starts again.

I can do this, I still have lots of Red Bull, coffee and tea! :)

4 comments:

Richard said...

oohhh hun, I'm sorry to hear this news. Hopefully we all won't have to miss you here.

La fille said...

Bah, I can't work _more_ than I am doing now, so if I have been able to start blogging again with the current workload, I should be able to keep at it. I missed it too much, and I've made a committment to myself to keep it up! :)

Anonymous said...

It never rains, but it pours. I feel for you, I really do. Maybe our lives will settle down to some sense of relative normalcy. We can dream anyway :-/

La fille said...

Thanks De, sounds like you have a lot going on too. I hope things go well for you as well!