
UPDATE (Sept. 25th) : I have received the DVDs and I'll be shipping them out this weekend! :) De, can you send me your postal address?
:)
So, I'm getting bored, translating and working and being a good girl (shush, I am _too_ being good! lol), and I feel like doing something random.
A couple of years ago I sent out a few copies of The Corporation to 10 readers who wanted one. It ended up being a fun exercise and lauched some interesting conversations.
This time around, I'm moving away from the serious, environmentally-conscious realm to the geeky, goofy, world of D&D. Just for kicks.
To bring a little chaotic good into this world and to support a great bunch of creative people, I'll send a free copy of The Gamers: Dorkness Rising to five people who reply or email to tell me that they want one (I'll email you privately to get your postal address).
I just saw this movie last night and I couldn't stop laughing. I don't know if people who have never played D&D at all will get as much out of it as people who have, but I suspect so. Just imagine your geeky friends of any ilk (technodorks, sci-fi nerds, anime convention-goers, etc.) and you'll see: these people are for real... lol And very lovable!
(I'm more of an eclectic geek rather than a "specialized" one myself... just a beginner at D&D, but huge film fan, sci-fi, urban fantasy, knowledge of all kinds, social causes and idealistic pursuits, nature, books, lists... LOL So many geeky interests, so little time!)
Any takers? :)
P.S. It's not like taking candy from a stranger, really! Although I am but an anonymous blogger (who wants to remain nameless in this forum, thank you very much), I am not a psycho... Ex-girlscout's honour! ;-)
8 comments:
You know I'm always up for some geeky fun. I tried the Star Trek rpg a long while back, so I do know a little about gamers and gaming. But I am also very much a "specialized" geek, the specialty changing every few years. Right now, I am all about the show Supernatural (of which they are making an rpg sometime soon). So I think I will feel right at home. I also have a new friend that is a HUGE gamer. I'll make sure to share the film with her. :) I don't know if you have my current address, but my gmail account is the same.
Cool! We have a winner! lol
One down, four to go! :)
I'll email you. Supernatural RPG? *rawr*!
You are totally Geeky fun, and a Green Goddess to boot.
You know I was (who am I kinding... was, ha, still am.. even though I don't play anymore) a geeky D&D RPG dork. And I know you know my address.
And P.S. I couldn't think of any stranger person to take candy from.
I had no idea the sequel was out. The Dead Gentlemen have been working on this for what seems like forever. Loved the first Gamers (I bought their "director's cut"), especially that bit in the tavern involving pants and siege weapons.
Funny you mention The Corporation, that's finally in the stack next to the TV to be watched. You only sent it nearly four years ago.
If you happen to have any Dorkness left, I'd love to have one. If not, no sweat. Either way, thanks for letting me know this was out.
Yay, you vanquished the evil post office hours, Richard! :) Woot!
Well, good to know, because you're lucky winner #2 of a Dorkness Rising DVD!
---
De: I should have known you would have seen the first one! LOL If anyone would have, it would have been you! You are lucky reader #3, so you'll be getting Dorkness in the mail too! (I'll post a message here when I send them out)
And P.S. re the P.S. = LOL why, thank you, Richard, that is so sweet! :) hee hee
I wasn't sure if your old email address was still around, but I wanted to let you know that we moved a couple of years ago.
Why I just now thought about it, I'm not sure. I posthumously blame Colonel Sanders and the secret addictive chemicals in his chicken.
Post a Comment