
So I finally started a new blog. Hopefully, my weirdo/kinda stalker ex-friend won't find it. :-p Or my current boyfriend.
It's funny, when I started my first blog, I wanted my (then) husband to read it, so that this new media could open new possibilities for communications. But mostly, I wanted to use it as an online "scrapbook" of sorts for the happy times & outings that I did not want to forget.
Two weeks later after starting that blog, I found out about my ex-husband's cocaine & gambling addictions (for starters), and this started over 2 years of madness beyond what I could have ever imagined.
My blog became a space to vent, to keep track of what was happening (living with a pathological liar will mess up your memory and self-confidence like you couldn't imagine).
Along the way I met some amazing people who supported me, and with whom I shared my oddball interests and thoughts (it wasn't always drama, thank the gods!), silly quiz results, and just really good conversations.
Some time back a friend of mine (who had my old blog address) just crossed the line from being a "socially awkward, pushy friend" to being a "grossly inappropriate, disrespectful and vaguely worrisome stalkerish guy". I made my blog private (meaning only registered readers could have access to it), but I didn't like this format much.
Then life got in the way of "having a life", and I had no time to write anymore.
But I've been missing it so much!
So I decided to try my luck again with a somewhat public (though anonymous) blog.
And this time, I don't want to share it with my boyfriend. I found out how helpful it was to be able to talk with others without worrying about hurting a loved one's feelings. I would never want to hurt my boyfriend (or anyone else for that matter). But I need a space which is mine.
So here we go.
7 comments:
Congrats!
Looking forward to reading you again!
Yay, first one to comment! :-)
What's your blog address, btw? Do you have another one besides the "hit the pavement" one? I have to recreate a blog roll.
I'm sooo looking forward to starting regular "blogging conversations" again!
Ah yes, having the space to vent about significant others without said others reading about it is a wonderful thing!!! It sure works for me!
And I'm glad you're back - I've missed you :)
I've missed hearing from you. It is an honor that you include me in the circle of friends you trust. Thanks and welcome back to your virtual life. :)
I think it is a good idea to keep this one to yourself. That way if the Boyfriend issues don't work themselves out, you don't have to worry about him coming here to make things difficult. You'll get to keep your sanctuary.
Eating the Pavement is the only one I've got going right now... though, I'd say it's not really going anywhere right now.
Soon as I get settled, I'll start something new. Something different.
So glad to see you back in the blog-mode, but the back-story of what's been going on put a knot in my gut. I know that kind of relationship tension. Different, but the same, you know? Wow. I wish we could talk. (Do you have Skype?)
Sigh.
I'm behind with the blogging and blog-reading, too, so don't feel bad. But I have you in my list of priority feeds, so I'll be checking in often.
Lots of love to you!
Lisa
Ooops!! No feed??
Post a Comment